Historic Preservation projects require a forensic-like focus. Creating pathways for essential modern systems where none exists requires a solid understanding of the underlying structure and architectural fabric of the building. LORING works closely with Architects and Owners to establish and respect the hierarchy of preservation spaces and to develop innovative solutions for each individual space within the building.
Providing designs that meet today’s technical requirements is often not good enough. We must also anticipate tomorrow's technologies and design systems so that these buildings will continue to remain functional and flexible while their architectural splendor is admired for future generations.
Click projects below for details
- Clara Barton Apartment, Washington, DC
- Essex County Court House, Newark, NJ
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, DC
- New Jersey State House Capitol Complex, Trenton, NJ
- Organization of American States, Washington, DC
- President Lincoln and Soldiers' Home, Washington, DC
- Sears House, 633 Penn Avenue, Washington, DC
- Virginia State Capitol, Richmond, VA
- Woodlawn Plantation, Mount Vernon, VA